Are there disabled facilities?
- Most of our buildings have wheelchair access, with the exception of the first floors of the historic buildings.
- There are interpretation books on the bottom floor of each period home detailing the upstairs of the building.
- We have fully accessible toilets at four locations around the site, the Car Park, behind Sandling Farmhouse, the Tea Room Court Yard and the Village Hall.
- There is a dedicated car parking area near to the entrance of the attraction. On special event days this area is extended.
- We have three wheelchairs available to hire completely free of charge, these wheelchairs can be reserved in advance by calling 07519 102272.
- All carers enter completely free on receipt of a carers card or identification.
Please be aware that our grounds are located on a gradual slope, with flat areas at both the entrance and kiddies play areas and the Village Green located at the top of the slope.
Are dogs allowed on site?
- Your lovely pooches are very welcome as long as they are well behaved, on short leads and are cleaned up after.
- Small bags are available in our Gift Shop and there are numerous bins located around the site for correct disposal.
Can I smoke on site?
You are permitted to smoke at Kent Life, as long as it is outside and not in any of the buildings.
We strongly recommend that you smoke away from the play and picnic areas.
Your cigarette ends must be discarded effectively, please douse the end in water and then dispose of in one of our many bins. Please do not drop cigarettes on the ground.
When is last admissions?
Last admissions to Kent Life are generally 1 hour before the closing time. However these times may change if there is a special event. Please check out What's On
page for more info.
Can I bring my own picnic?
You are welcome to bring your own picnic, however it cannot be eaten in any of our buildings, in particular the Tea Room and Play Barn.
Our Tea Room and Play Barn serve a variety of affordable, convenient and delicious food and refreshments from light lunches, children's boxes and treats as well as a wide selection of beverages and ice creams.
If you are a valid Kent Life member you will receive discount in the Tea Room and Play Barn.
Can I leave the attraction and enter back in again?
All guests will be given a sticker at admissions, as long as you keep this sticker on for the duration of the day, you will be allowed to enter and exit as many times as you like.
Please be aware that our stickers change on a daily basis and only people entering with the correct sticker will be permitted entrance.
What is Kent Life's full postal address?
How long shall I allow for my visit
We recommend that in order to experience our attraction in full, you will need approximately 4-5 hours.
We have indoor and outdoor play areas, a working farm, historic buildings and period homes, exhibitions, landscaped gardens, fruit orchards, a Tea Room and Coffee Bar, Gift Shop and more.
Do I have to pay to park?
- All parking at Kent Life is FREE!
- There is an allocated disabled car park near to the entrance of the attraction, as well as a reserved coach and exclusive wedding guests parking area.
- On busy event days our overflow paddocks are opened for additional parking.
- Our car park has working lights and pedestrian fencing at the heavier traffic areas, but please be aware that it is a gravelled car park and the track can be uneven so please take care.
We are committed to advocating a greener way of life so we would highly recommend using the many public transport options available or why not car share?